Green business is all the buzz right now, but few people understand even the basics necessary to get started on "greening" their business. Fewer still understand that "green" does not necessarily mean higher cost, administration, or hassles. Green can be simple, hassle-free, and directly impact the bottom line. Also, if you are currently using or thinking about using lean methods, lean and green go hand in hand!
This half-day workshop provides participants with fundamentals of Harnessing the Power of Green and covers the following areas:
- The Business Case for Going Green
- Including industry examples
- Fundamentals of Green Wastes
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Quick low-cost/no-cost wins
- Scanning opportunities in energy, water, discharge, materials, packaging, solid waste, and emissions
- Getting Started
- Panel Discussion by McCormick, Under Armour, Mercy Hospital, and Unilever
- Discuss steps, engagement, measures, and rollout
- Support Resources and Next Steps
At the conclusion of this course, participants will have a basic understanding of green business fundamentals and access to resources to apply lean and green initiatives in their businesses.
The instructor for this course is Mike Rothmeier, a seasoned lean practitioner and consultant, whose focus area has centered on lean and green integration for business results.
The Community College of Baltimore County Hunt Valley Campus is located at 11101 McCormick Road,
Baltimore, MD 21031.
This event is jointly sponsored by:
- The Maryland World Class Consortia
- The Community College of Baltimore County
- RMI of Maryland
- University of Maryland Techology Extension Service (MTES)